The B17 Kalimba is an amazing diatonic scale instrument that combines well with any instruments in C Major, A minor, D minor and other closely related keys.
- 17 Tines precisely tuned to c-major suitable for playing countless popular tunes.
- The B17 c-major is ideal for improvisation and intuitive playing.
- Solid resonance corpus of American cherry wood
- A large number of well know songs can be played
- Ergonomically formed tines for easy playing with the thumb
- size 6.9″x 7″x 1.6″
Kalimbas are metal-tined instruments which originated in southern Africa and which can be found there in countless variations.
Our Kalimba B17 C-major is meticulously hand-crafted out of solid American black cherry wood. The surfaces is treated and polished with natural oils and waxes. The B17 is ideal for improvisation and intuitive playing.
C Major scale: C D E F G A B C D E F G A B C
Scale on this instrument (left to right): D B G E C A F D C E G B D F A C E
Scale tones: 2 7 5 3 1 6 4 2 1 3 5 7 2 4 6 1 3
A C-major scale consist of 7 notes. The 17 note Kalimba has 2 sets of C with an octave in-between plus another C an octave higher.
If you look at the Diagram in the second Ocatve the numbers are given a dot to distinguish them. so 1. 2. 3. and so on. IN the third octave, the three highest notes of our Kalimba we use the: after the number. 1: 2: 3:.