It’s All About Rhythm is a method for learning to play rhythms and improve timing for musicians of all levels. Hosted by Afro-roots musician Kevin Nathaniel, the It’s All About Rhythm Introductory Course covers a wide array of rhythms from the most basic three and four counts up to complex claves and syncopated patterns in 8, 12 and 16 count cycles, and more.
This class is for you if you want to improve your sense of rhythm and timing, to play better with other musicians, and to take your music to a higher level.
As you go through the exercises in this course, you can clap, step your feet, sing and even dance to the various patterns. As these patterns become more and more complex, you will become more and more rhythmic yourself.
“The material in It’s All About Rhythm has to do with rhythms that you could easily apply to any instrument and also to your voice. Whatever instrument, whatever field of music you are involved in, this kind of study is a common denominator.” –Kevin Nathaniel
With It’s All About Rhythm you will learn:
- How to apply new rhythms to your music
- How to play in different counts (3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16)
- To identify rhythms and join in with them musically
- Why you should practice music at different speeds and how to do so
- Some commonly used rhythms from pop, funk, jazz and African music.
- Extra tips and advice on improving your rhythm and timing
Our sampler video will show you 6 different clapping exercises from It’s All About Rhythm, taken from various sections throughout the course, from the most basic, to a very challenging one at the end.
The importance of rhythm for singers and instrumentalists
“In music rhythm gives you a sense of being able to feel that you can play whatever the instrument or whatever the occasion is. You can take an instrument that maybe you’ve never played before and develop something on that instrument. Rhythm is extremely important for people who are using just their voices, because if you are using your voice in a rhythmic fashion, then it’s going to be musical, however it’s placed. It’s important for singers to focus on rhythms because if they are singing beautiful rhythms or are locked into the rhythm of the music, it is going to help shape the music. Being ‘in the groove’ rhythmically will make the music sound really clear for everybody and it will make the music move.” -Kevin Nathaniel
The It’s All About Rhythm Introductory Course includes:
- Our Video Library including 48 Rhythm Exercises, each demonstrated by Kevin Nathaniel (streamable and downloadable versions). On-screen metronome overlays help you follow the rhythm while you clap, step and play along.
- 20-Page eBook with printable pages of the 48 Rhythm Exercises (downloadable version). Bring these rhythms with you and practice wherever you go.
- Access to our members-only discussion forum. Join in on the conversation to share what’s working for you, ask questions and hear what is working for other people. Share successes and challenges, and grow with a like-minded community.
It’s All About Rhythm has everything you need to get you improving your rhythm and timing.
Licensing for schools and institutions of the It’s All About Rhythm: Introductory Course digital course is available. Please contact us at email@example.com or 347-871-3866 for more information.
For event bookings of It’s All About Rhythm Live featuring Kevin Nathaniel, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 347-871-3866 for more information.
This course is currently available in digital format only.